Friday, May 11, 2018

The Scottish Highlands in Autumn

I have been to Scotland several times and one of my favorites was in September when the heather was blooming. The picture below is one I took. You can see all the photos from my trip on Pinterest HERE.
Heather on Skye in September
 From Elizabeth Stuart's HEARTSTORM, comes one of my favorite quotes. These are the thoughts of Anne MacKinnon, the heroine:

  “Autumn in the Highlands would be brief—a glorious riot of color blazing red across the moors and gleaming every shade of gold in the forests of sheltered glens. Those achingly beautiful images would be painted again and again across the hills and in the shivering waters of the mountain tarns until the harsh winds of winter sent the last quaking leaf to its death on the frozen ground.”

Autumn near Stirling

If you'd like to read one of my historical romances set in Scotland, I have three to offer you:

Rebel Warrior
The Refuge
A Secret Scottish Christmas

Rebel Warrior and The Refuge tell the story of Steinar of Talisand and Catriona of the Vale of Leven and take place in the court of King Malcolm III and Queen Margaret. The Refuge is the inspirational version.  

See them on Amazon along with A Secret Scottish Christmas, my newest Christmas story, a Regency in the Agents of the Crown series.






No comments:

Post a Comment